The Department of Special Education at West Virginia University offers programs in Special Education, Gifted Education, and Disability Services. We have prepared professional educators for positions in special education and disability services at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels on campus and online for more than 50 years. Our dedicated faculty are available to assist you in preparing for a career working with individuals with many different exceptionalities.
Our programs have earned awards for innovative delivery systems and faculty members are nationally recognized for teaching excellence, innovate research and development, and leadership in the field. Like the quilters of our Appalachian heritage who create a beautiful whole from assorted pieces, we believe special educators work to support individuals of all abilities to become part of and contribute to a just and diverse society.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register for courses?
- How do I apply for Field Practicum Experiences?
- How do I complete degree requirements?
- Why should I choose the Special Education Program?
- How do I get admitted into the program?
- Can I apply courses from another program?